If you are looking for a fun app to help you learn how to read better, this is the place for you.
Here we look at a new version of the ReadabilityTutor app, and this one has some pretty amazing features to help every child not only to read better but also to fully understand what they are reading.
It is hard for a child to grasp reading. It is a skill that takes time and practice to develop, even with lots of support from teachers and parents.
Many parents also don’t have time to spend practicing with their kids, as they need to work and pay for everything the family needs. It certainly isn’t that parents don’t want to spend time with their kids, it is simply just that most don’t have much free time at all.
This is why we have worked so hard on this project. Reading is a skill that opens doors, providing new opportunities and makes studying easier (once mastered).
Because it is time-intensive, our app has been created using AI technology to provide a more ‘natural’ feeling learning experience. It is more like having a private tutor 24/7 than being simply a reading app.
How ReadabilityTutor Teaches Reading in a Fun Way
The key to getting kids to learn to read is making them want to learn. By making sure our app is easy to use, interactive, and fun, we make sure that kids and parents enjoy the experience.
Here are our top features that make using ReadabilityTutor a joy for kids and parents:
- Raved About By Teachers and Education Experts – Both teachers and experts have talked up how good this app is for teaching reading and being great value for money. Gone are the days of needing to pay a 1-on-1 tutor by the hour. Save your money and have a personal 24/7 reading tutor for a fraction of the cost.
- Original Content That Grabs Attention – Children love the constantly growing range of stories in our library. Content is colorful, entertaining, and educational. Of course, all content also comes with custom-designed illustrations to help bring more color and interest to each story.
- Level Appropriate – Our AI recommends the best stories from our extensive library, ensuring that they are level appropriate and interesting for each child. The system is so advanced that it actually creates a personalized reading journey for each individual child.
- Responsive Speech Recognition – This is a key feature, and without it, ReadabilityTutor wouldn’t be anywhere near as good or as effective as it is. This unique feature is also loved by children, as typing is not required, they can simply speak and get feedback from the app for what they say. The system is so advanced that it actually corrects mispronunciation live as the story is read aloud.
- Interactive Questions to Increase Story Comprehension – In the latest update, we have added a new and quite spectacular feature. We call it “Interactive Voice-based Questions & Answers (IVQA™)”. This new technology increased comprehension by asking your child questions about the story they just read. The child can also answer the questions by speaking, just like they would to a real-life parent, tutor, or teacher. This not only adds a fun ‘quiz-style’ element to reading but also helps to develop a child’s critical thinking and text scanning abilities. By asking questions, the app makes sure that they have really understood the words they just read aloud.
- Guided Reading – Whether the story is being read by the learner or our app, the words are clearly tracked on the screen. This helps children to easily follow the story when it is read to them and for them to keep focused on where they are when they read the story back to the AI.
- Anywhere & 24/7 – Our app allows children to explore stories and practice reading whenever they want. Using mobile devices is the perfect way to allow them to read where they enjoy reading, whether on the bench in their favorite park, or in their ‘secret’ hiding place.
- See Results in the Parental Dashboard – Parents can enjoy live reports from within the parental dashboard and with the new comprehension checking feature now live, parents now get a comprehensive report for fluency, accuracy, and comprehension for each child added to the app.
Our new version takes the app from being an effective reading system to being a fully-fledged and vocally interactive tutor. So, if you aren’t already enjoying our app, give our 7-day free reading app trial a try to see how quickly your child’s reading skills can improve.